Surface Design Pattern

 Surface Design Pattern

I was inspired my organic and moroccan rugs to create my surface design pattern. My final surface design measured to achieve the required size of 18" x 36". I glued smaller pieces of fabric together of leather and hand-dyed textiles on a recycled bed sheet. I enjoy the use of different materials to create texture. The leather scraps I had were re-used from a pervious at home project. I repeated 4 squares of indigo dyed fabric touching edges to create a square. On either sides I put a leather circle and in between the next square pattern. I added a pop of yellow, marigold fabric inside of the squares. I felt as though I needed more texture so I individually tied jute rope to the end of both sides to create tassels. 

detail of the final solution.

x

image of the final solution. 

My textile hanging on the wall of art building with other student's work.

 in-process image. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sustainability Project

Personal Project