Sustainability Project

 Community Engaged Sustainability Project

Textile Based Earrings


Flagler College Instagram post, I made on Adobe Illustrator, promoting my booth to be held on the 21 and 26th.

In process, choosing what beads to use, I alternated between using gold and silver hardware to be fitting to personal choice of metal type. I cut strips of the various hand-dyed fabric and looped it onto the o-ring, then attached the bead and earrings. I went though trial and error trying to figure out the best way to tie the fabric on and make it durable, while still having a pretty aesthetic.

The finished hand-dyed, natural textiles I used for the fabric of my earrings.


 Indigo dyed fabric with various beads and stones and hardware.


On display at my booth.


Final product of my handmade, sustainable, hand-dyed textile earrings on display at the table, laid on linen cloth. The dyes I used were indigo, marigold, and bark. 


I am pictured with my finished product, waiting for sales! The first day I sold 13 out of the 16 pairs I made. I was surprised that I sold that many in only a span of an hour. The second day I only sold 4. I think it would of been better to do it at a different time and day than the first time. There was the same traffic coming through as the day previous on the 21st. I am still happy with my results and glad I got to be apart of this sustainability project and have people on campus support me as an artist. I enjoy making earrings as it is therapeutic and glad I get to make something I can wear. It was exciting to see people around campus wear the earrings I made!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Personal Project